Translate

Sunday, December 16, 2012


The amazing Black Walnut Tree &
Thyroid Problems

I was diagnosed with hashimotos disease, which essentially is a thyroid problem in which your body’s immune system views your thyroid as an enemy and attacks it.  I went on levothyroxine for 2 years but never felt better. I also did not want to be on medication, as I believe that God gave us everything for healing from the earth. I began researching and found that black walnut produces iodine from the green walnut hulls. I began to make my own tinctures and was able to come off of the medication. I of course did not just simply add a tincture and was better it actually was a very intense journey of massage, sitz baths, fasting and continuous prayer. My journey is not over with my thyroid, as I will need to pay special attention to that part of my body for the rest of my life if I want to avoid medication.  I will write about the other techniques I used later but for now just want to concentrate on the walnut tree. I actually got the formula from another herbalist and found that my sister had 3 beautiful black walnut trees in her yard.  I love the black walnut tree and it is a very intelligent tree.

The parts of the black walnut that are used medicinally are the bark of the tree, the husk, the shell and the nut or the kernel. Black walnut is considered to be an antiseptic, a germicide, a parasitic, and a laxative. Black walnut hull helps with many health conditions from ridding the body of intestinal parasites and tapeworms to reducing constipation and healing skin conditions. Black walnut hull can be ground into a powder (just be sure you use it when it is fresh and green when it has become black it can be very dangerous. It has been used as external applications for a variety of skin complaints including ringworm, jock itch, athlete's foot, psoriasis, blisters, and eczema.  The most common medicinal use of black walnut is to kill parasites. Black Walnut oxygenates the blood to kill parasites. It is used to help balance sugar levels. It also is able to burn up excessive toxins and fatty materials. 
The black walnut hull contains a number of active ingredients, including omega-3 fatty acids, sterols, tannins and my favorite iodine!!

For the recipe on the black walnut tincture see Dr. Hulda Clarks book “The Cure for all Diseases” just be sure to omit the vitamin powder and add raw apple cider vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment